Never before have there been so many options to improve the looks and efficiency of your existing swimming pool. In the last 10 years alone, more than a dozen new developments have made swimming pool ownership more enjoyable, less expensive and easier than ever. We have a complete list of time-saving and energy-saving upgrades that are available as upgrades for your swimming pool.
TIME-SAVING UPGRADES: Let Your Pool Take Care of Itself!
From chemical management to automatic cleaners, new breakthroughs have taken the drudgery out of swimming pool ownership. Check out these options that are available as upgrades to your swimming pool.
- Remote Automation
- Turn on spa, heater, pumps, & lights from anywhere.
- Monitor and manage chemicals automatically
- Accessible from anywhere – even your cell phone!
- Salt-based chlorine generator
- Uses plain old salt to create pure chlorine
- Completely automatic; never handle chlorine again!
- Sanitizes with pure oxygen
- Cuts chlorine usage in half
- Mineral System
- Reduces chlorine demands
- Stabilizes the pool water for weeks at a time
- Test your chemicals half as often as you used to
- Aggregate Interior
- Stunningly beautiful; many styles to choose from.
- Lasts twice as long as plaster finishes
ENERGY-SAVING UPGRADES: “Go Green” And Save Money Too!
The industry has been working hard to develop more cost-efficient pumps, filters, lights, heaters and control systems. With the following upgrades, you can cut your swimming pool’s electricity usage by more than 60%.
- Variable speed pump
- Uses 64% less electricity than single speed pumps.
- Runs longer at low cost, keeping pool cleaner.
- Required on all pools by 2011 (FL state law)
- High-Capacity, Low Resistance Filter
- Requires less pressure to filter the water.
- Lets pump run easily at low-energy setting.
- Heat Pump
- Uses 68% less energy than gas heaters.
- Some models can also cool the water on extra-hot days.
- Extends the swimming season for just pennies a day.
- LED Lighting
- Use 86% less electricity than old-style bulbs
- Last up to 10 times longer than the old bulbs
- They can change to a near-infinite number of colors